The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) is the leading organisation in Europe that strengthens the scientific network of in vitro toxicologists and promotes in vitro toxicology, both scientifically and educationally in all countries of Europe.
Since the first European Meeting (International Workshop on the Application of Tissue Culture in Toxicology, July 1980, Soesterberg, The Netherlands), in vitro toxicology has aroused increasing interest in Europe, and a new scientific community has developed within this field.
Formally established in 1994, ESTIV is a society that aims to….
- Promote in vitro and in silico toxicology scientifically and educationally
- Encourage research and use of 3R alternative methodologies
- Advance education and training of in vitro and in silico toxicology
- Foster scientific exchange on in vitro and in silico toxicology
- Strengthen the scientific network and facilitate communication between academia, industry and regulators
- Cooperate with similar organizations and societies
ESTIV’s activities encompass:
- The international ESTIV Congresses organized every even year,
- The organization of applied and practical educational and training courses
- The organization and promotion of scientific workshops on a regular basis,
- Distribution of information on in vitro and in silico toxicology
- Support to similar organizations and societies worldwide
- Attracting and integrating young scientists
- Scientific awards and travel bursaries for early career professionals and students
Click here to find out about ESTIV membership, benefits and rates.