Travel bursaries to the ESTIV 2022 Congress – Recipients
BEMF student travel bursary – Björn Ekwall Memorial Foundation (BEMF).
Zachary Sitte, PhD,
1. Supported Gel Slabs: Decreasing the Barrier of Entry for use of 3D Cell Cultures in the Drug Discovery Workflow, and
2. Developing a Method to Incorporate Laminar Flow into Scaffold-Based 3D Cell Cultures for More Physiologically Relevant Nutrient and Drug Delivery.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Anouk Verhoeven, PhD,
Poster: An Adverse Outcome Pathway Network for Liver Steatosis Induces by Chemicals.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, Entity of In Vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology, Belgium
Tena Cadez, PhD
Poster: Neurotoxic Effect of Potential Countermeasures in Case of Nerve Agent Poisoning.
Biochemistry and Organic Analytical Chemistry Unit, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
3Rs student grant: EPAA student travel bursary – The European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing (EPAA)
A full grant: Kaat Leroy, PhD student, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, Entity of In Vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology, Belgium.
Connexin-based channel activity is not specifically altered by hepatocarcinogenic chemicals
A half grant: Axelle Cooreman, PhD student, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, Entity of In Vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology, Belgium. EFFECTS OF DRUGS FORMERLY REPURPOSED FOR COVID-19 TREATMENT ON CONNEXIN43 HEMICHANNELS AND PANNEXIN1 CHANNELS
EUROTOX Travel grant
Elena Ines Adam-Dima, PhD
Poster: Potential beneficial effects of selenium nanoparticles in the adjuvant anticancer therapy.
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
About the awards
BEMF student travel bursary.
Björn Ekwall Memorial Foundation (BEMF).
BEMF awards 2 student travel bursaries of 300€ each to 2 young scientists (≤ 35 years old) presenting their research work as the first author at the ESTIV2022 congress.
The following documents should be sent by e-mail to Stina Oredsson (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications.
- Supporting letter from the supervisor or the head of department.
- Abstract as first author submitted for oral or poster presentation to the ESTIV2022 congress.
- Proof of registration for the ESTIV2022 congress.
30 August 2022.
3Rs student grant – EPAA student travel bursary.
The European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing (EPAA).
A lump sum of 1500€ is available. Two levels of grants are offered by the EPAA partners, namely 1 half grant and 1 full grant.
For each of the eligible events, a lump sum of €1500 is available. Two levels of grants are offered by the EPAA partners: 1 half grant and 1 full grant.
- A half grant reimburses the student/young scientist for event registration fees well as travel and accommodation fees, based on the expense receipts up to a maximum of €500.
- A full grant reimburses the student/young scientist for event registration fees as well as travel and accommodation fees, up to a maximum total amount of €1000, based on the expense receipts.
Eligibility criteria are defined as follows. Applications falling out of this scope will not be accepted.
1) Applicants have to be based (i.e. studying) in one of the 27 EU countries or the UK. Citizenship may be from any country (i.e. also outside of the EU).
2) Applicants must be graduated (BSc / First cycle completed with at least 180 ECTS credits) when applying and should not have a doctoral degree.
3) Applicants must still be considered as full-time students or young scientists (≤ 35 years old) when applying.
4) Young scientists employed by industry are not eligible
5) No funding or reimbursement by another entity for the same student and event is allowed.
Application and selection process
The application process is as follows.
- Applications must be sent to EPAA functional mailbox (grow‐email@example.com) by midnight of the day indicated above.
- The Award will be granted provided an abstract is accepted for an oral presentation. At the sole discretion of the Jury, in exceptional cases work presented in a poster format will be eligible, too. EPAA visibility must be guaranteed by including a clear acknowledgement of EPAA’s support in the presentation/poster.
The jury will base its selection on the following documents to be provided by the applicant
- abstract submitted for one of the selected events
- detailed CV of the applicant with a list of publications (if any)
- cover letter describing why the work described in the abstract is important for the 3Rs and why it should be supported by the EPAA grant
- recommendation letter from a professor/supervisor also confirming the applicant is a full-time student
- proof of acceptance to the event (i.e. invitation to the event or confirmation mail)
Enquiries should be directed to grow‐firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner of the grant will give recognition to the EPAA in their presentation/poster. The winner must provide proof, clearly showing them giving recognition to EPAA (a photo or a video with an oral statement).
The winner of the grant also accepts that the EPAA may publish the abstracts of the presentation and/or the poster on its website (after the event), to promote and disseminate the research. Finally, the winner should provide a summary report of the event and how they benefitted from participation.
15 July 2022
EUROTOX student travel grant
The Federation of European Toxicologists & European Toxicology Societies
Description and application process
Please visit www.eurotox.com
15 July 2020