The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro (ESTIV) is happy to announce that it will be offering three travel grants of maximum € 500 each to three young scientists wanting to participate in the JRC Summer School 2021 on Non-animal Approaches in Science: The Three R…evolution, to be held from 18 to 21 May 2021 at the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) site in Ispra (Italy).
The JRC Summer School is specifically tailored for post-graduate students (e.g. master and PhD students) and early-career scientists (max. 4 years after master) working in the biosciences and will focus on non-animal methods and technologies and the opportunities and challenges associated with their application in various fields such as regulatory toxicology and biomedical research. More information on the JRC Summer School can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/event/conference/jrc-summer-school-non-animal-approaches-science-3
How to apply?
To apply please submit the following documents to: email@example.com by 31 January 2021:
- A motivation letter, including the name and contact details of a professional reference (a reference letter is not requested)
- A short CV using the template provided (as required for applying to the JRC Summer School):
- CV template JRC for Summer School 2021
- A poster abstract (max 250 words) using the template provided (as required for applying to the JRC Summer School):
Abstract template for JRC summer school 2021
Selection of participants will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicants should be members of ESTIV. The membership application can be sought before sending in an application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and putting email@example.com in Cc.
- The relevance of the current area of study or job to in vitro/in silico toxicology
- Clarity and relevance of the motivation letter
- Scientific quality of the poster abstract
- Priority will be given to applicants who did not receive a grant or award from ESTIV in the past 3 years
- The bursary will be given only participants that plan to attend the on-site meeting, and that have been accepted to the JRC summer school by the organisers.
- Opening date for applications to JRC Summer School: 1 September 2020
- Closing date for applications to JRC Summer School: 6 January 2021
- Decisions on acceptance to JRC Summer School will be announced by e-mail on 15 February 2021
- Decisions ESTIV travel grant will be communicated by e-mail by 28 February 2021